Monday, December 21, 2009

The What, The Why, The How

The What

 On Dec. 7th 2007, Dice launched loseforthefuse.com (click here for the original blog). He vowed to lose 100 lbs. in a year and asked the listeners to come along side him and sponsor his progress in the form of a donation to help keep the station on air.

"A few months ago I was feeling pretty bummed that I couldn't do more to financially support 101.7 The Fuse. I love what we are doing here and believe it is something that is needed in this community and beyond. Then a thought hit me, I may not have a lot of money to give but I have about 100 pounds I could donate, and thus loseforthefuse.com was born."
- Dice 2007


One year later, his lose for the fuse chapter was written. 106 pounds lost, $1600 raised. And then the book was closed..... Until:





Now.
The Why

When I was first hired at FuseFM I knew that I wanted to bring back loseforthefuse. Not just for me, not just for the station for YOU.  Yes I to am asking that people pledge, we need financial help more than ever, but I have one other mission as I reopen and start writing my own chapter. If I can, you can! (I know.. I know that is sounds cliche, but so true) After years of watching commercials, and listening to Chuck Norris tell me how easy it is, It wasn't until Dice started loseforthefuse that I started to really think... I can. I remember listening to Dice as he would talk about his progress on air and it gave me encouragement to lose weight for myself.

The How

Easy... we've all heard it. Eat right, and exersize.



As I run (run... heh... get it) this journey, My hopes are that I can raise funds for this station that I love so much. A station that has changed my life and the lives of many. And I hope to be an encouragement. I have been a fat kid my whole life, a switch has been thrown. It's time to step out of the 2/3 of Americans that are over weight. I'm going to do something about it. And God willing I hope to bring many people with me.

0 comments: